Thursday, June 15

Crescent Arts, Pat and Nipsey

Here are some pictures of a Belfast based Band (I say Belfast, but as usual am not sure, But they are definitely from N. Ireland).

This duo go by the name of Pat and Nipsey.

I was walking through the grounds of Belfast City Hall on a sunny Saturday (June 3rd) when I heard music. Two guys had an amp and a guitar each (one of the guitars might have been a base, I cannot remember).

They sounded great, It kind of reminded me of the scene in back to the future when Marty McFly started playing "Johnny Be Good" and the guy on side stage held up the telephone to let his friend hear it (It may well seem like a cheezie reference, I don't care).

Anyway, I went on to visit my mate in his place of work, he shut up shop and came with me to City Hall to hear these two guy I was raving about. Unfortunately they had finished playing by this stage. But they were still knocking about, so we went over and had a wee chat with 'em.

They informed us that they would be playing in the crescent that evening. Funny really, as I was just waiting to find somewhere to go that night and had a feeling that someone would point me in the right direction. So anyway, I had a great night (all in all) and managed to snap a few pics with my camera phone. They are not the best quality but do however capture some of the vibe or the evening.









Pat and Nipsey have a great refreshing sound. I am not too good at categorizing music, but if I were to describe how they sound, I'd say, rock and roll, blues, with a hint of punk (more like the Clash than the sex pistols). They reminded me in some ways of the Libertines.

To be honest though, you have to hear them for yourself to decide who or what they sound like. I can say they sound very good though.

They have a CD out that I believe is doing the rounds, but I have as yet been unable to procure a copy.

Anyway, They have already got a great sound and are sure to write more and more songs as time goes by. They have potential to be as successful as a successful pair of guys, Good Luck to 'em.

3 Comments:

Blogger slurr van dark said...

This Cookstown you speak of sounds like a hotbed of culture.

Either that or a town of small minds and cheap pints?

Monday, June 19, 2006 1:39:00 pm  
Blogger slurr van dark said...

Don't you go a-hoggin' all that lighter fluid...

That's for all the birns and wee-yuns.

Just you have that glue I got for you last xmass you little greedy cunt...

Why I oughta!!!!

Friday, June 23, 2006 1:59:00 pm  
Blogger slurr van dark said...

Hey, Don't you be ragin' on the glue heads... After all if they keep it up they'll have a horrid death of suffocation to look forward to. Wind pipe closing, air not reaching the parts that need it ... and,,,, a corpse... A corpse that glue won't fix...

Not even super glue...

Think, just think....

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home