Friday, July 14

Alternatively Ulster..... I'll drink to your twelfth...

This year I was yet again unable to get out of northern Ireland for the twelfth.... But I had an amazing time...

I am not a nationalist... But.... I'd be closer to a nationalist than a loyalist and am sick of both sides kicking lumps out of eachother, and so many people getting caught in the cross fire...

It is such a complicated issue in this place (NI). I have now lived here for 12 years and have started to get used to it now.
The way I feel is simple, ...

The problems we have are due to years of misunderstanding and mistrust with a pinch of injustice,,,, the killings and attacks on good and bad people alike that have been a blight on our lives and basically ruined many summers for too long now.

But this year was different, for me anyway...

I went camping just outside Cookstown on the 11th night and had a great time. I awoke on the 12th at about 9.30 am to the sound of a distant marching band....

For the first time in my life I can honestly say, it sounded really nice to hear music in the morning,,,, the band were playing "Waltzing Matilda" which was strange, but very nice... near a mixed of catholic area...
but this was out near a Forrest park and it was great.....


Anyway,,, when I got back from the expedition someone informed me that the 12th had passed of with no trouble (as far as they had heard)......

I was stunned, but very pleased to hear it.....

normal when I hear a marching band it just sounds like angry noise, especial if it is

So I just thought to myself,,,, "maybe, just maybe, there is hope for us yet,,,,, but only maybe".

We will have to wait and see................ Time will tell.......

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think you need to get a life, you self pitying little whinger.

Saturday, July 15, 2006 4:30:00 am  
Blogger slurr van dark said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, July 17, 2006 2:24:00 am  
Blogger slurr van dark said...

If only you knew what I wrote, but it's never gonna happen love....

Just you be happy and remember what happens to people in glass houses. Appart from getting very hot in the summer....

Monday, July 17, 2006 3:16:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home