Tuesday, July 25

Pants on fire…

I met a guy who’s at least three in one
God, Holy Spirit and also the son.

But not all that holy and not always good
With many personas, all misunderstood.

Some of his demons I truly despise
They twisted the truth and thrived upon lies.

I struggled to know if good dwelled at all
Within such a shell that would crack should he fall.

I imagine he worries he’ll trip on his lies
Such a waste of a brain to spin alibis.

About something or nothing, they seem both the same
Can’t imagine the turmoil that breeds in his brain.

If my head he melted, then his must be toast
For the knack of deception would consume its’ host.

I’m glad I’m not him, though I pray for his soul
As the battle inside shall consume him whole.

Maybe late puberty is hitting him hard
Perhaps as he can only ever be a façade
Of who he is, maybe he’ll never know
As the world is a theatre where the truths not on show.

But I caught a glimpse as I stood in the wings
Of a sweet little boy who’s heart never sings
As the world seemed too cruel to come out and play
And he can’t come to terms to be happy and gay.

But if God made us all, God made him that way
No matter what rhetoric raving preachers may claim
- they know very little, in truth they know less
But thanks to such fools this boys head‘s a mess.

He can do as he wants, those scumbags know nothing
Those self deniers are all up to something
They think they’ll see heaven as they’ve paid their deposit
But deep down inside they are all in the closet.

To those who come out, I truly respect you
And hope you enjoy what you choose to get up to
My flavour is different but I still understand
How it feels to have longing alone in this land.

So fuck all the doubters and manic street shouters
They dream of a toilet in the sky with no outer’s
To cottage away through the day and the night
As all that they say quite simply is shite…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home